ST condensation rotor
Rotary heat exchanger for heat and humidity transmission, consisting of rotor and casing; suitable for optimum dimensioning in accordance with VDI Directive 3803 Page 5.
You can download the specification text as a Word file under Downloads.
The storage mass consists of coiled layers of corrugated and smooth corrosion-resistant aluminium foil. The result is small, axially arranged, smooth ducts for laminar flow of air. The outside of the storage mass is supported by the rotor mantle; the hub is inside with the permanently lubricated, maintenance-free roller bearings and the axle. The rotor is permanently stabilised by internal spokes between the rotor mantle and hub.
- Sheet-steel casing (for one-piece rotors)
Self-supporting construction of Aluzinc sheet steel, suitable for installation in ventilation units. There are adjustable seals around the rotor periphery and along the centre beam. The standard casing models are intended for vertical installation; however, smaller models can be ordered for horizontal installation.
- Profile casing (for multi-component rotors)
Construction of aluminium extruded sections with Aluzinc sheet-steel panels, suitable for installation in ventilation units. There are adjustable seals around the rotor periphery and along the centre beam.
- Drive motor
The drive motor is installed inside the casing. It drives the rotor via a pulley and a rotating V-belt. The size of the pulley and the gear ratio are measured in such a way that the rotor reaches the optimum speed.
- Constant drive
Rotary heat exchangers with a constant drive work in on/off mode; the speed of the rotor is not controlled.
- Variable drive
The variable drive system is made up of a motor with an associated control unit. The control units and motors coordinate perfectly with one another.
- Casing width in 1 mm increments; max. ∅ + 1000 mm
- Casing height in 1 mm increments; max. ∅ + 1000 mm / max. height: ≤ 2550 mm
- Triangular inspection hatch: the triangular inspection hatch makes it possible to inspect the inside of the HVAC unit from the supply-air side and extract-air side. (∅ ≥ 1000 mm)
- Casing powder-coated in RAL9006, corrosion class C4 in accordance with ISO 12944
- Control unit delivered loose without cabling
- Control unit delivered loose with cabling
- Control unit position on the side wall in mm (reference point: top casing edge)
- Coated face area: the face area of the storage mass is treated with an anti-corrosion coating (edge reinforcement).
- Spacer plates: the casing has spacer plates on all 4 sides
- Extra seal: enclosed as a spare part
- Spare belt: enclosed as a spare part
- Screwed cable glands: screwed cable glands (2x) are installed in defined positions on both sides (in relation to the air flow) in the motor area
- Double brush seal to increase leak-tightness: an additional brush seal is installed on the periphery.
- Segmented design: rotor half-installed (lower half)
- Segmented design: rotor fully installed
- 3 or 6 m cable length: incl. motor cabling
- Rotor sensor installed
- Rotor shaft off-centre in terms of height
- Rotor shaft off-centre in terms of width